Saturday, 17 April 2010

Catching up!

Oh no!! It's been too long since I last updated y'all. :( I'm sorry.

The past two weeks have been crazy! I went to London for 3 days with two of my friends so I could renew my passport! We visited OM's Muslim ministry, took a double decker tour and boat down the Thames, saw all the sweeeeeet looking buildings you see in the movies, visited Sherlock Holmes, Buckingham Palace.. the British Museum... It was great! :) We also took the tube and train.. So yes, I am a pro now. ;) The only problem was.. NO RENEWAL. I have to go back later. Oh well! :) Let me know if you want to see some pictures! :)

Let's see.. the latest big things.. Well, on Wednesday I went to my first Engage! class!!! This is one out of six sessions each month that allow me to get my Certificate for Christian Youth in the UK. On top of attending monthly classes I also have a paper to write based on the covered materials and some practical work. I really enjoyed my class and even met some other students which was great! Unfortunately, none live nearby... Please be praying that God opens doors for more youth ministry work. It is limited here, and I would love to have a lot of kids to work with!

Tonight we had another round of Jesus and Hot Chocolate. AWESOMENESS! :) Lots of kids showed up- and they were not crazy rowdy! A young girl from South Africa came with Fay (one of the older youth workers that goes to Wyesham Church) who just moved to Monmouth 2 weeks ago. I had a great time chatting with her and invited her to Links tomorrow night! :) SHE IS COMING!! WOHOOOO! She is 15 and has no friends. I'm hoping that this will be an opportunity to share with her and be a friend. Please pray about Links tomorrow night! I am leading the game and Bible study! I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE BIBLE STUDY! It will be like camp all over again! :D A few more kids stopped by for hot chocolate and they were pretty open and chatty. I hope they come back next week.

Tomorrow we have a mixed church service with the Norton and Cross Ash area. :)

AAAAND I cleaned up my room. Be proud, mom. ;)

I AM CALLING LAURA TONIGHT! I CAN'T WAIT!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see some pictures ;)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete