Sunday, 24 July 2011

Stop. Think. Listen...............................Speak?

I wish that my desire to be heard and understood would be more influenced by my need to consider my words before I speak. I'm sure that more than half of what I say is beneficial to no one and it leads me to think that if I cannot say anything that builds up another in Christ, I shouldn't be speaking at all. It's my hope that I can become a more conscious and deliberate listener.. and a more considerate and thoughtful speaker: both of whom will ultimately reflect the love and compassion shown to me by my Precious Savior.


1 John 4:16-17

"We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect."


All that to say, as I pursue Christ, He will bring the expression of my love to maturity... And isn't a sign of maturity being able to discern when to keep my mouth shut? I would rather be silent and pick my words carefully than speak without thinking. I know I will never fully accomplish this on my own, but I DO know that Christ will develop it as long as He holds me in his hand and lives in my heart.. And He will never let me go. He will never leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment