Friday, 2 April 2010

It's been a while!

Hey everyone! :) I know it's been a while since I told y'all what I've been up to. Last week I was in Halesowen for Seminar Week- this is when all the GA teams come back to the base for a week of classes. It was great! I got to hang out with some friends I made in ToolKit! The highlight was spending my birthday with my friends. I was able to go to an amazing worship service in the morning!! I LOVED IT! I miss worshipping God with praise music rather than just hymns. ;) I went to lunch at my supervisor's house and made lunch with some more friends! The best part was when my girls surprised me with a trip to the basement where they had made me dinner and blown up a bunch of balloons with inside jokes written on them. It was perfect! So thoughtful. :) We spent the evening making funny music videos, dancing around, and eating good food! It was a wonderful birthday. The day after we headed back to Monmouth!

So the last few days in Monmouth have been kind of slow! We had a special event called Songs of Praise where MBC and another church, Norton, come together and sing hymns. My team presented a drama and I gave my testimony!

Something that I am praising God for is a large gift given to me by my church! I was going to ask God to provide me with finances to be a leader at teen street (http://www.teenstreet.om.org/) this year, and He provided before I even asked! THANK YOU JESUS!!! I am so excited to go!!

Yesterday was GREAT because I was able to set it aside as a study day. I read that sometimes people take a day and dedicate it to reading the Word, so I gave it a go! IT WAS AMAZING! I felt at peace and learned a lot! God reminded me of some things I need to be working on.. I am thankful to have a day to spend just studying the Bible.

Today we put on our costumes from the Easter Experience and walked downtown giving invitations to get people to come to an Easter drama. We did the drama from the Easter Experience. It was really great! I was SO SO SO excited to see some people whom I had given an invitation come and watch and sing with us! It was also great to see the church include them and try to get to know them. I noticed two guys who joined in at the end and went over to see what they thought. They turned out to be from Bangladesh and they enjoyed it! They were really friendly and invited me to bring some friends to their restaurant and hang out sometime. I am going to keep encouraging them to come to church with us. :) However it was kind of awkward when one of them kept asking me if I was single or if I was looking for a boyfriend.. And repeatedly asked me for my phone number. Where is a fake boyfriend when you need one??? ;) Hahahaha.

Anyways, I'm off to a worship service at Norton tonight! Bye! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment