Thursday, 22 July 2010

JULY!!!!!

The week after the Mock Wedding was set to be a seminar week at the base.. except for a few of us 'longer term' students! We were bound for a 16 meter yacht to sail up around the west coast of Scotland for a whole week!! :D HOWEVER.. our little trip took a turn to the unexpected! :) We arrived at the boat after a 9 hour drive at 10:30 (ANDIE- WE DROVE PAST LOCH LOMUND!!!!!!!!!!!!).. to discover.. that the boat had been double booked! We were stranded!!!! :P It was too late to drive back to the base so we quickly found a youth hostel that would put us up for the night in Iveraray, Scotland. After a gas station dinner we arrived at the hostel and crashed.

I WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF BAGPIPES.

IN SCOTLAND!!!!!!

I was so excited I ran out across the street to see a man in FULL DRESS playing his bagpipes. It was epic. :D WE got a bunch of pictures and headed into town for some breakfast. After eating we decided to go explore the local castle (http://www.avich-lodge.co.uk/photos/Inveraray-Castle.jpg).. and hiked up a HUGE till to a look-out point where we made funny videos and took great pictures. I love Iveraray. If I had to settle down anywhere in the UK it would be along the Scotland coast.. So beautiful. We then headed up to Oban and walked around town. OBAN IS AMAZING!!!!!! It's a port city with amazing buildings! I loved it. We drove to Glasgow where we spent the night playing DDR and staying in a hotel! The next day we explored Glasgow, it's magnificent cathedral and Victorian Age cemetery.. Beautiful. My flip flop ended up giving me blisters so I walked around the city barefoot! :D SO GREAT!!! That night we drove down to Keswick in Cumbria.. or in other words.. THE LAKE DISTRICT. A cute little town with a James Bond Museum. ;) We drove around exploring Beatrix Potter's countryside and seeing the lakes (even taking a boat ride ON a lake!) It was RAD.

The week after was back in Monmouth doing normal ministry. I went to an outing with the Attik in Abagavenny.. which was.. interesting. Some of these kids were out of control! But I went with Pearl so that was lovely.

THE BAND.

For the past week we have been hosting an American band -Anchor of Hope- from Florida as they had some concerts in Monmouth. They are so much fun! We have enjoyed our little adventures and getting to know them. They have been raising awareness for Redeem the Shadows, an organization that helps to abolish slavery and trafficking. My new friend Noel (who is in the band) began the organization after a trip to India. See http://www.redeemtheshadows.org/ for more details. :)

Last but not least, I am leaving Monmouth on Monday and will be out of Monmouth.. For how long I am not sure. I leave for Teenstreet on the 29th and directly after that South Hampton for Teens in Missions (extension of Teen Street).. KRISTEN SEELY IS VISITING ME!!! :D WHOPEE!! I can't wait! Please pray for safety during the outreaches and that God will really bless my time and give me the right things to say.

That's all I can think of right now, folks! Shoot me an email if you would like any more information!

3 comments:

  1. so cool! Wish I could go the Lake district WITH you. :oP love u juice

    ReplyDelete
  2. update your blog foo'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you got to go to Scotland. And yeah, if you aren't going to call me, EVER, update your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete