Thursday, 22 July 2010

June!

June was GREAT!! First of all I got a new room mate!! She is lovely... and a great friend. She is Korean, lived in Singapore as an MK and in London as a PK.. And it has been so encouraging to have a friend to hang out with on our day off and watch the World Cup with. :) I am very blessed to have her around. (Sunhye.. if you are reading this.. don't let it go to your head!!!! ;) )

One change that has been made concerning my ministry is the Youth Track. My supervisors thought it would be a good idea to drop it from my studies because it has been a struggle to pioneer the program with no companion or backing team on top of all my other assignments. As far as ministry goes, I am not doing anything different with my work with youth. I'm still leading bible studies and hanging out with the girls! I also have responsibilities with leading youth related activities. The only difference is that I'm not working to get a youth workers certificate- mainly because it is only useful in the UK, and I'm not here long term.

This month I also had a fabulous visit from.. THE ENRIGHTS!!!! My second family from my home church! It was amazing!!!!!! We had so much fun catching up.. I showed them the base, my coworkers, Halesowen.. and then we drove to Warwick, saw Warwick Castle.. SO AMAZING!! And drove the rest of the day down to... LONDON!!!!! WHOPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO much fun seeing the sights, and.. getting lost??? YEP! Let's just say that I now know that the difference between the 'slow' train and the 'express train' could mean a 2 am taxi ride from Oxford. However, I have a great memory to look back on! ;) Thank you, Enrights for your visit. It meant the world to me! <3 Check my facebook for pictures!

When I got back to Monmouth our team took part in a mock wedding at the Comprehensive School.. Or High school for you Americanos.. :) The students set up and prepare a fake wedding for their religious education class to learn how marriage is approached from a Christian viewpoint. I was asked to give a short presentation on abstinence for 300 kids! It went well I think- no rotton tomatoes or anything of that sort. ;)

It was a great month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment