As many of you know, I was supposed to attend the OM GO Conference in Germany this January, but since my visa didn't arrive in time I was made to delay it until August. This turned out to be a nice swap. I was really in need of an energy boost! We started our journey with a LONG LONG drive from Birmingham to Dover, from whence we took the ferry to Calais, France (Notice my cool use of the word 'whence,' Andie??? :D) We drove through France and Belgium (I ate some grass.. Wanted to make a memory...) to the Netherlands! The conference was hosted outside of a little town called Delden. There were over 300 participants- people leaving for their perspective fields. I enjoyed the seminars and worship, but to be honest, it was weird to be around other Americans! They seemed so loud and confident.. :P It was nice to see so many people enthusiastic about sharing the love of Christ. I met up with some more old friends who joined OM when I did! It was really nice to catch up as well as hang out with some Lifehopers who came as volunteers. I even made a few friends! ;)
While at the conference I was able to explore a few little towns in Holland. Funnily enough, it reminded me of Lynden. I wonder why.... ;)
But for all you Dutchies out there: I SAW A REAL LEGIT DUTCH WINDMILL. :D
On the way home the van almost broke down twice! AAH! :P
I got to meet a few of the new GA'ers that arrived at Lifehope. I left the next morning with a few of the 'oldies' (GAers that joined in January) to one of the team houses in Warwick where we will be until Sunday. We are doing the regular ministry that the Warwick usually does. I really like the team house.. especially because if I look out the bedroom window across the street, I can see the church where JRR Tolkien got married! ;) Hehe! Very cool! We celebrate Venla's (my Finnish room mate) birthday tomorrow in Birmingham and head to Lifehope for Prayer Emphasis Day on Thursday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment