THe last week after GO Conference I've been staying at one of the outreach team houses in Warwick, England! (I went here with the Enrights when they visited!!) I stayed with the 'oldies,' or the GAers that arrived in January. We went because there were no seminars for us (muahahaha ;) and the new GAers (27 in total!) needed to get settled in..
I really enjoyed the Warwick Team ministries! On Monday we had Coffee Stop at the church. This is where the team sets up a coffee/tea time for church members and outsiders can enjoy a hot drink and cookie. One of the reasons I enjoyed this day so much is because a homeless guy, Mark, came in. He told me his story of how he had been kicked out of his house and sleeping under a tree by the canal. He told me that he had nothing but that he had just gotten a job at a restaurant in Solihull (20 min train ride). He let me pray for him (!!!!!) and I got the rest of the team involved. We were able to provide him with food for a a few meals, a tarp, a sleeping bag, and a few extras to get him ready for his first day of work. After coffee stop we took him to the train station and bought him a week's worth of train tickets to Solihull because he had no way to get to work..
The next day was our day off. YEEEHAW! :D
Wednesday was Venla's birthday!! Venla is from Finland and arrived when I did.. We had a nice, slow morning before taking her to Birmingham to celebrate. :D
Thursday was Prayer Emphasis Day.. Our once-a-month day at the base where we have a message (this time from my pastor, Jonathan Greaves from Monmouth) and a few hours of prayer.
On Friday we hosted another Coffee Stop. Mark showed up again and we were able to give him some clothes from Charlie, our missionary 'closet.' He said that work was going well.
Warwick has the a super sweet ministry on Saturdays... Kayaking!!! Soooo fun. :) We went with some people from church- including one of the teens we chauffeured to Teenstreet! Of course, I splashed him with my oar, and by the end of the trip was soaking wet. :) A day well spent..
Now for those of you who are interested in English geography.. Warwick has a freaking amazing castle and is located on the river Avon... I stayed right across from the church where JRR Tolkien got married. And yes, I licked it, too.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteyou lick everything! :) So funny, So adorable, and I just love you! Thanks for the updates!
ReplyDelete