God is Good.
Friday, 9 September 2011
God is Good.
This past weekend the phrase, "Change me, not my circumstances," was brought to mind several times as I spent time with tons of middle schoolers. I am so thankful for the opportunity to go and see God change and bring healing to the hearts of staff and youth alike. The theme of the week was "Where Do I Find My Value?" and let me say, the kids were not the only ones challenged to evaluate God's place was in their hearts. I have always tied my worth as a person to what I was doing/success in life. Having no goals and no direction meant that I was not a whole person and I have struggled to believe that when I am not "pushing forward" to do things I thought were important, then I am not as valuable. I founded my security on the approval of others instead of the knowledge that God has adopted me as His child; and that reason alone is truly all I need to be comfortable with the opportunities God has brought to me. If I am willing to put ALL my trust in Him then He is going to transform my mind and remind me that His opinion is ultimately the only one that matters, and circumstances are to remind me of my need for His love. God doesn't have to change my circumstances to make me learn and grow and find value... He can change my perspective. He can change all the kid's perspectives. He alone gives worth.... the next step is to commit myself to trusting Him and obeying whatever He has next in store for me.
God is Good.


God is Good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment